If you're trying to figure out how to soften water, you came to the right place. Our informative guide here has you covered.
Real Estate

How to Soften Water at Home: A Simple Guide

Did you know that only 15% of the US has soft water? The other 85% will have to find ways to rid themselves of hard water.

If you’re trying to figure out how to soften water, you came to the right place. Our informative guide here has you covered.

Boil the Water

One temporary solution on how to soften water is to boil it. By boiling water, you will be removing certain minerals from it, such as calcium bicarbonate. 

Boil the water before allowing it to cool slightly. Once it is a safe temperature to touch, you can now clean your house without worrying about hard water.

This process won’t work for all types of hard water. It is a process aimed towards the lower leveled hard water. If you have high-level hard water, you will need a more advanced technique to clear it.

Washing Soda

Limescale is a key sign to having hard water. If your water fixtures have a ‘soap scum’ substance attached to them, that’s limescale.

Limescale is when the water is rich with positively charged calcium atoms.  These atoms can stop the soap molecules from dissolving. The soap will then build up around your appliances, creating a white, crusty substance.

Wash these appliances with washing powder or any sodium carbonate-based cleaner. Using this will remove the soap scum easily. You will still need to fix the hard water in your pipes.

Cleaning With Vinegar

As mentioned, one of the benefits of soft water is it cleans more efficiently than hard water. Add vinegar to your hard water, and you will notice an increase in the cleanliness of your home.

Vinegar will balance the pH level of your water, removing the harmful minerals which cause a film on your surfaces. You don’t need to use a large amount of vinegar as too much will cause your home to smell.

The Best Method on How to Soften Water

The best method on how to turn your hard water into soft water is installing a water softener system in your home. These systems will remove the minerals from your water supply. They can be as simple as connecting them to the pipes under the sink.

The result will be soft water pumping around your home. You can drink and clean without worrying about the effects that hard water can have.

Learn more about the whirlpool water softener. You may wish to instill it in your own home. 

Make It Soft

Now you know how to soften water. Which method will you choose?

Will you keep to the basics and boil your water? Will you add washing soda to your shopping list?

Or, will you install a water softening system within your home? Choose any method and you will have soft water available in no time.

Contact us now with any questions or feedback. We will reply as soon as we can.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.